SUCCESS: Warriors Hoops 4 Kids & Oakland Digital
Warriors Hoops For Kids Program to Donate $530,000 for Underserved Youth in the Bay Area
The Warriors Community Foundation, in partnership with the Koret Foundation, Taube Family Foundation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company, this season continued the Hoops for Kids program, where Warriors achievements on the court support underserved youth in the Bay Area, it was announced today. Through Hoops for Kids, every Warriors three-pointer made during the 2015-16 regular season yields $500 toward eight organizations working locally to improve educational opportunities and life outcomes for kids. To date, the Warriors have hit an NBA-record 1,057 three-pointers this season (as of April 10, 2016), the first team to reach over 1,000 three-pointers in a single season, raising $530,000 and counting for Hoops for Kids.
“It is tremendous that we are able to donate over a half of a million dollars to our Bay Area youth through our Hoops For Kids program, and over $1.5 million in total from the Warriors Community Foundation,” said Warriors Co-Executive Chairman and CEO Joe Lacob. “Donations of this level would not be possible without our partners like the Koret Foundation, Taube Family Foundation and PG&E who believe in the same mission as we do to make a lasting impact on our local youth.”
During pre-game of tonight’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies from 5:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m., the Warriors Community Foundation will host a reception in the Atrium Lounge for Hoops for Kids presenting sponsors and beneficiaries. In addition, the program will be recognized on-court with a check presentation during a time-out during tonight’s game.
Including the Hoops for Kids program, the Warriors Community Foundation will have committed more than $1.5 million in total giving over the 2015-16 season to youth development. On November 24, 2015, for the second year in a row, the Foundation announced $1 million in grants to support 36 Bay Area organizations working in college access and readiness, elementary literacy and early childhood development for underserved youth in Alameda and San Francisco Counties. For more detailed information on the grantees and their projects, please visit warriors.com/2015grants.
This year’s Hoops for Kids program supports:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland – provides safe places to learn and grow, life-enhancing programs and hope and opportunity
• Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco – inspires and enables young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens
• East Bay College Fund – increases college enrollment and success for underserved students by providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring and support networks
• East Oakland Youth Development Center – develops social and leadership capacities in youth to excel in education, career and service to their communities
• Hidden Genius Project – trains and mentors black male youth in technology creation and leadership to become high-performing entrepreneurs
• Oakland Digital – provides students with technical training, mentoring and real-world design and marketing experience with local small businesses
• Playworks – provides play and physical activity at low-income schools, helping children connect with other kids and grow physically, emotionally and socially
• Youth Radio – launches students on career and education pathways by engaging them in media production, creative expression and academic support services
About the Warriors Community FoundationThe Warriors Community Foundation is dedicated to making a meaningful and lasting impact on the lives of underserved youth in the San Francisco Bay Area. Specifically, the Foundation strives to improve educational outcomes among children in Alameda and San Francisco Counties. Established in 2012 under the new Lacob and Guber ownership group, the Foundation extends the team’s impact locally and continues a longstanding tradition of community involvement. It is sustained by generous contributions from Warriors owners, players, partners and fans. For more information on Hoops for Kids, visit warriors.com/kids.
About the Koret FoundationBased in San Francisco, the Koret Foundation supports civic, cultural, and educational organizations that promote a vibrant and distinctive Bay Area. Koret focuses its giving in two major areas: strengthening Bay Area anchor institutions and fostering Jewish connection and identity. Since its founding in 1979, Koret has invested nearly $500 million to contribute to a higher quality of civic and Jewish community life. For more information visithttp://www.koretfoundation.org/.
About Taube PhilanthropiesTaube Philanthropies was established in 1981 by its founder and chairman, Tad Taube. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with an office in Warsaw, Poland, the Taube Foundation makes philanthropic investments primarily in the Bay Area, Israel and Poland. These include scholarships, youth programs, heritage preservation, arts and culture, education, and community building. Taube Philanthropies is committed to collaborative giving to enhance charitable impact and actively partners with individual donors, foundations and other charitable organizations.. For more information, contact Vera Hannush,email@example.com or visit taubephilanthropies.org.
About Pacific Gas and Electric CompanyPacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), and the PG&E Corporation Foundation strive to power strong communities throughout Northern and Central California. In 2015, PG&E contributed more than $25 million to nearly 1,300 charitable organizations, including matching the generosity of employees who donated more than $7.9 million and volunteered more than 86,000 hours to company-supported events. Community investments are funded entirely by the company’s shareholders. For more information, visit www.pge.com/community.